Regular Meeting of the
Board of Education of the County of Roane
April 9, 2020
6:00 pm @ Roane County Schools Central Office, Spencer, WV
This agenda is available to the public upon request at any time during regular business hours preceding the upcoming Roane County Board of Education meeting. Public participation and attendance are welcomed and encouraged. This meeting is a meeting of the Board of Education in public for the purpose of conducting the County School System's business and is not to be considered a public community meeting. There is a time for public participation during the meeting as indicated in agenda item, "Presentations." Speakers are asked to express themselves in a civil manner, with due respect for the dignity and privacy of others who may be affected by your comments. While it is not our intent to stifle public comment, speakers should be aware that if your statements violate the rights of others under the law of defamation or invasion of privacy, you may be held legally responsible. If you are unsure of the legal ramifications of what you are about to say, we urge you to consult first with your legal advisor. The Board reserves the right to amend this agenda with emergency personnel/financial matters which may arise after publication.
- This meeting was held virtually / telephonically. The public could join by calling 1-304-553-7794 and entering the conference ID 985 677 242 or join on Microsoft Teams using the provided link.
- Positively Charged - Resolution recognizing efforts of RCBOE teachers, support staff, and administration during COVID-19 pandemic
- Public Participation
- Student Achievement
- New Business for Consideration and Potential Action
- Update on BOE operations during statewide school closure due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Request by Clayton Homes of Spencer for adjustment of lease agreement
- Remove from Administrative Transfer List and Assign as Noted (effective 2020-21 school year)
- Andrea Hays, to Teacher / 5th Grade, Walton Elementary Middle School
- Amber Osborne, to Teacher / Social Studies, Geary Elementary Middle School
- Consideration and possible adoption of bus schedules for the 2020-21 school year
- Consideration of impact and actions required under The Alex Miller Law (WVC 18-2-25c)
- Update on summer 2020 construction projects
- Paving at SMS and WEMS
- Safe Schools Entrances at RCHS and SES
- Consent Agenda - (Action)Motion by _____________________ and seconded by _____________________ to approve the following consent agenda, as recommended by Richard Duncan, Superintendent.
- Approval of minutes of Regular Board Meeting on March 26, 2020
- Transfers/supplements to the budget
- Payments of bills as submitted; pre-approval to release checks not to exceed $20,000 prior to the next board meeting
- Financial Reports
- Contract(s) / Bid(s)
- Field Trips
- Student Transfers
- Personnel Consent Agenda - (Action)Motion by _____________________ and seconded by _____________________ to approve the following personnel items as recommended by Richard Duncan, Superintendent.
- Leave of Absence(s)
- Stepp, Rachel - Teacher / 2nd Grade (Spencer Elementary School), effective February 17, 2020 to April 10, 2020, amendment of previous leave (from September 12, 2019)
- Leave of Absence(s)
- Reports of Committees
- Superintendent's Remarks
- Adjourn until the statutory meeting on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at a time and place to be determined, for the purpose of regular business and to reconvene the March 26, 2020 regular meeting.
The next regular meeting is scheduled for 6:00 pm on May 14, 2020 at Roane County Schools Central Office.