Regular Meeting of the
Board of Education of the County of Roane
December 3, 2020
6:00 pm @ Roane County High School, Spencer, WV
This agenda is available to the public upon request at any time during regular business hours preceding the upcoming Roane County Board of Education meeting. Public participation and attendance are welcomed and encouraged. This meeting is a meeting of the Board of Education in public for the purpose of conducting the County School System's business and is not to be considered a public community meeting. There is a time for public participation during the meeting as indicated in agenda item, "Presentations." Speakers are asked to express themselves in a civil manner, with due respect for the dignity and privacy of others who may be affected by your comments. While it is not our intent to stifle public comment, speakers should be aware that if your statements violate the rights of others under the law of defamation or invasion of privacy, you may be held legally responsible. If you are unsure of the legal ramifications of what you are about to say, we urge you to consult first with your legal advisor. The Board reserves the right to amend this agenda with emergency personnel/financial matters which may arise after publication.
- This meeting may be joined remotely. The public can join by calling 1-304-553-7794 and entering the conference ID 557 137 682 or by joining on Microsoft Teams using this link.
- Positively Charged
- Public Participation
- Student Achievement
- New Business for Consideration and Potential Action
- Update on BOE operations, distance learning, and support services
- Consent Agenda - (Action)Motion by _____________________ and seconded by _____________________ to approve the following consent agenda, as recommended by Richard Duncan, Superintendent.
- Approval of minutes of regular board meeting on November 19, 2020
- Transfers/supplements to the budget
- Financial Reports
- Contract(s) / Agreement(s) / Bid(s)
- Field trip(s)
- Student Transfer(s)
- Personnel Consent Agenda - (Action)Motion by _____________________ and seconded by _____________________ to approve the following personnel items as recommended by Richard Duncan, Superintendent.
- Gibson, Stephanie - Assistant Coach, Volleyball (Geary Elementary / Middle School), effective November 19, 2020
- DiLorenzo, Megan - Teacher / Special Education (Spencer Elementary School), effective January 27, 2021
- Rucker, Janet - Custodian III (Roane County High School), effective November 23, 2020
- Leave of Absence(s)
- Cooper, Amanda - Teacher / 3rd Grade (Spencer Elementary School), effective December 14, 2020 to February 5, 2021, (partially paid, partially unpaid; WV Code 18A-2-2a)
- Reports of Committees
- Superintendent's Remarks
- Adjourn until the next regular meeting, on Thursday, December 17, 2020, at 6:00 pm at Roane County High School