Regular Meeting of the
Board of Education of the County of Roane
December 17, 2020
6:00 pm @ Roane County High School, Spencer, WV
This agenda is available to the public upon request at any time during regular business hours preceding the upcoming Roane County Board of Education meeting. Public participation and attendance are welcomed and encouraged. This meeting is a meeting of the Board of Education in public for the purpose of conducting the County School System's business and is not to be considered a public community meeting. There is a time for public participation during the meeting as indicated in agenda item, "Presentations." Speakers are asked to express themselves in a civil manner, with due respect for the dignity and privacy of others who may be affected by your comments. While it is not our intent to stifle public comment, speakers should be aware that if your statements violate the rights of others under the law of defamation or invasion of privacy, you may be held legally responsible. If you are unsure of the legal ramifications of what you are about to say, we urge you to consult first with your legal advisor. The Board reserves the right to amend this agenda with emergency personnel/financial matters which may arise after publication.
- This meeting could be joined remotely. The public could join by calling 1-304-553-7794 and entering the provided conference ID or by joining on Microsoft Teams using the provided link.
- New Business for Consideration and Potential Action
- Student expulsion hearing #20201217
- Consideration and possible action on recommendation to ratify suspension and terminate employment contract of Employee A, a custodian
- Update on COVID-19 and vaccinations
- Calendar of BOE Meetings for the second half of 2020-21
- Preview of planning for 2021-22
- Consent Agenda - (Action)Motion by _____________________ and seconded by _____________________ to approve the following consent agenda, as recommended by Richard Duncan, Superintendent.
- Approval of minutes of regular board meeting on December 3, 2020
- Transfers/supplements to the budget
- Payments of bills as submitted; pre-approval to release checks not to exceed $20,000 prior to the next board meeting
- Financial Reports
- Contract(s) / Agreement(s) / Bid(s)
- Field trip(s)
- Student Transfer(s)
- Personnel Consent Agenda - (Action)Motion by _____________________ and seconded by _____________________ to approve the following personnel items as recommended by Richard Duncan, Superintendent.
- Keiffer, Bryan - Coordinator of Technology (RCS - Central Office), effective December 9, 2020, updated to reflect date of hire after release from previous employer (from October 22, 2020)
- White, Carrie - Substitute teacher (RCS - Substitutes), effective December 18, 2020
- Baker, John - Custodian III (Roane County High School), effective December 18, 2020, from the substitute list
- DiGennaro, Jessica - Substitute teacher (RCS - Substitutes), effective December 18, 2020, re-hire to remove restricted status
- Reports of Committees
- Superintendent's Remarks
- Adjourn until the next regular meeting, Thursday, January 7, 2020, at 6:00 pm at Roane County High School