Regular Meeting of the
Board of Education of the County of Roane
February 25, 2021
6:00 pm @ Roane County High School, Spencer, WV
This agenda is available to the public upon request at any time during regular business hours preceding the upcoming Roane County Board of Education meeting. Public participation and attendance are welcomed and encouraged. This meeting is a meeting of the Board of Education in public for the purpose of conducting the County School System's business and is not to be considered a public community meeting. There is a time for public participation during the meeting as indicated in agenda item, "Presentations." Speakers are asked to express themselves in a civil manner, with due respect for the dignity and privacy of others who may be affected by your comments. While it is not our intent to stifle public comment, speakers should be aware that if your statements violate the rights of others under the law of defamation or invasion of privacy, you may be held legally responsible. If you are unsure of the legal ramifications of what you are about to say, we urge you to consult first with your legal advisor. The Board reserves the right to amend this agenda with emergency personnel/financial matters which may arise after publication.
- This meeting could be joined remotely. The public could join by calling 1-304-553-7794 and entering the provided conference ID or by joining on Microsoft Teams using the provided link.
- Positively Charged
- Public Participation
- Student Achievement
- New Business for Consideration and Potential Action
- Consent Agenda - (Action)Motion by _____________________ and seconded by _____________________ to approve the following consent agenda, as recommended by Richard Duncan, Superintendent.
- Approval of minutes of regular board meeting on February 11, 2021
- Transfers/supplements to the budget
- Payments of bills as submitted; pre-approval to release checks not to exceed $20,000 prior to the next board meeting
- Financial Reports
- Second Reading
- Policy 526 - Reimbursement for Professional Expenses and Training (new)
- Second Reading
- Contract(s) / Agreement(s) / Bid(s)
- Field trip(s)
- Student Transfer(s)
- Personnel Consent Agenda - (Action)Motion by _____________________ and seconded by _____________________ to approve the following personnel items as recommended by Richard Duncan, Superintendent.
- Nichols, Amy - Assistant Coach, Volleyball (Roane County High School), effective February 24, 2021
- Short, Kathy - Substitute teacher (RCS - Substitutes), effective February 26, 2021
- Freeland, Meagan - Substitute teacher (RCS - Substitutes), effective February 26, 2021
- Reports of Committees
- Roane-Jackson Technical Center Administrative Council (2/23/2021)
- Superintendent's Remarks
- Adjourn until the next regular meeting, Thursday, March 11, 2021, at 6:00 pm at Roane County High School