Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the
Board of Education of the County of Roane
October 6, 2020
6:00 pm @ Roane County High School, Spencer, WV
- This meeting may be joined remotely. The public can join by calling 1-304-553-7794 and entering the conference ID 913 094 572 or by joining on Microsoft Teams using this link.
- Positively ChargedWe received 700 iPads last week. We are now prepping them to go out to the schools. About 120 iPads have already been prepped. One set was sent to an SES classroom which will be distance learning for a quarantine period. We will be sending the rest out as soon as we can get them properly tagged and inventoried.
- Public Participation
- Student AchievementDates for the GSA were released. Grades 3-8 will be online. SAT School Day for grade 11 will be on April 13, 2021. This is a paper-based test from the College Board. We are waiting on guidance on the details. The testing window opens on March 29th and runs thru May 28th. As more information is available, we will share it here.
- New Business for Consideration and Potential Action
- Update regarding COVID-19 cases associated with Spencer Elementary School and Roane County High School
- Update regarding Student Technology Program
- Consent Agenda - (Action)Motion by Gregory Boggs and seconded by Daris Harper to approve the following consent agenda as recommended by Richard Duncan, Superintendent. Motion carried. (8:08 pm)
- Approval of minutes of regular board meeting on September 24, 2020
- Transfers/supplements to the budget
- Payments of bills as submitted; pre-approval to release checks not to exceed $20,000 prior to the next board meeting
- Financial Reports
- Policy 227.1 - Parent and Family Engagement (annual review)
- Contract(s) / Agreement(s) / Bid(s)
- Field trip(s)
- Student Transfer(s)
- Personnel Consent Agenda - (Action)
- _______________________ - Coordinator of Technology (RCS - Central Office), effective October 7, 2020
- Reports of Committees
- Superintendent's RemarksAt SES, the canopy by the 2nd grade hallway is in. It should be up soon, as well as the fencing. At SES and RCHS, much of the glasswork has been completed. Storefronts should be up soon. GEMS and WEMS Safe School Entrances designs are underway so they will be prepped and ready to go in Spring along with the paving at GEMS and SMS roof and entrance projects. We hope to close out the 4 bond projects this coming cycle, which gives us time to look at which projects we would like fund in the new CEFP.
- Adjourn until the next regular meeting, on Thursday, October 22, 2020, at 6:00 pm at Roane County High SchoolMotion by Eileen Richardson and seconded by Gregory Boggs to approve. Motion carried. (8:13 pm)