SUM-2020-005-1: Summer Meal Delivery Bus Operator (RCS - Operations)
- Director of Operations, RCS - Operations
- (daily rate)
- Posted Dates
- May 20, 2020 - May 27, 2020
- Applications due
- May 27, 2020 at 3:00 pm
- High School Graduate
- Very good physical condition.
- Strong ability to show and use common sense.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Meet state standards.
- Be licensed as a chauffeur in W. Va.
Employment is expected to be for one day per week for nine weeks, beginning June 9, 2020, through August 7, 2020, on an as/if needed basis.
Successful applicants will be expected to deliver and distribute meals at an assigned time and location in the county using a provided school bus. Meals will be picked from a central location and delivered in a single day.
Up to 25 successful applicants may be named under this posting.
- Follow schedule set for preventative maintenance as outlined by Transportation Supervisor.
- Bring buses to repair center for repairs, service and state inspections.
- Required to fill out work forms for needed repairs on their bus as soon as detected.
- Wash outside of buses as needed. Sweep the floor and dust the seats immediately after the last morning run each day. A bus shall be washed every two weeks or more when in use.
- Check oil level in crankcase and fluid level in radiator each morning and refuel bus as needed.
- Operators will drive on a rotating basis for curricular trips during the school day.
- Bus operators will be paid at a rate set by the Roane County Board of Education for extra-curricular trips. These extra-curricular trips will use roster on rotating basis.
- Operators will attend all in-service training and workdays as scheduled.
- Operators will be aware and keep all state and county records up to date as well as time sheets.
- Operators will be able to pass all written, performance, and medical tests. Operators will also complete first aid training as required by the state.
- The operator will follow route schedule set up by the Transportation Supervisor and approved by the Board of Education.
- Operators will be responsible for all rules and regulations outlined in the handbook and West Virginia School Transportation regulations.
- Operators will be available for emergency school closing at any time during the day.
- Perform other duties as required by the Transportation Supervisor.