P-2021-040-1: Teacher / 5th Grade (RCS - Itinerant)
- Principal, Walton Elementary / Middle School
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- Contract length
- 200 days
- Salary based on experience and education level per Roane County salary schedule
- Posted Dates
- September 14, 2020 - September 25, 2020
- Applications due
- September 25, 2020 at 3:00 pm
- Meet qualifications as outlined in West Virginia Code 18A-4-7a.
- Meet minimum standards for certification as set forth by the West Virginia Board of Education in Minimum Standards for Licensure of West Virginia School Personnel for his or her specific content.
- Exhibit knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the classroom teacher and the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as demonstrated in a personnel interview, which will be weighed heavily in the search/selection process.
- Show ability to communicate effectively with students, school personnel, parents, and community members.
- Show ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Show ability to motivate students and lead them to become independent learners in the 21st century.
- Present evidence of high academic achievement in teacher preparation program.
- Possess good evaluations and /or recommendations from educational instructors, professional associates, employers, and/or supervisors.
- Undergo or provide documentation of a criminal history record check within previous ninety (90) days.
This position is expected to be assigned for Distance Learning beginning with the fall of 2020 and until further notice.
This posting was extended on September 21, 2020, through September 25, 2020.
- Implement programs of study as outlined in state curriculum guidelines.
- Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Utilize instructional management systems models that increase student learning.
- Monitor student progress towards mastery of instructional goals and objectives.
- Communicate effectively within the educational community, and with parents on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects established professional responsibilities (i.e. attendance, punctuality and verbal/nonverbal communication).
- Demonstrate competency in the knowledge and implementation of technology standards.
- Keep abreast of and strive to meet county/school goals.
- Participate in activities that foster professional growth.
- Perform assigned duties as assigned by the principal or assigned director.