EC-2020-032-1: Before / After School Interventionist (Walton Elementary / Middle School)
- Director of Curriculum & Instructional Support, RCS - Central Office
- $25 per hour
- Posted Dates
- August 26, 2019 - September 24, 2019
- Applications due
- September 24, 2019 at 3:00 pm
- Hold a valid West Virginia teaching certificate in Multi-Subjects K-6, K-8 Elem Ed K-6; K-5; or 1-6 required and Masters in Reading preferred
- A minimum of 5 years successful teaching experience
- Demonstrate successful strategies utilizing small flexible group instruction
- Demonstrate an understanding of the five components of reading and an in-depth knowledge of phonics, phonemic awareness and decoding skill
- Possess knowledge of scientifically based reading research; core standards; test item analysis and interpretation; motivational techniques; relevant Reading strategies; and progress monitoring
- Note: This position will require flexible scheduling as determined necessary.
Maximum two hour per week for a maximum sixty-four hours.
This posting was extended on September 3, 2019, through September 6, 2019; and again on September 6, 2019, through September 13, 2019; and again on September 18, 2019, through September 24, 2019.
- Provide intervention tutoring services to struggling readers in kindergarten through 3rd grade. Utilize a one-on-one instruction approach guided by data. Administer and document pre- and post-assessments to determine progress, as applicable. Share results with school administrator, classroom teachers and school interventionists on a monthly basis.
- Duties will include providing Strategic and Intensive reading instruction and other duties as applicable to and stated in The West Virginia Leaders of Literacy: Campaign for Grade Level Reading Grant of Roane County Schools.