P-2020-040-1: School Psychologist (RCS - Central Office)
- Director of Student Support Services, RCS - Central Office
- School Psychologist (PK-Adult)
- Contract length
- 210 days
- Salary based on experience and education level per Roane County salary schedule
- Posted Dates
- November 6, 2019 - January 30, 2020
- Applications due
- January 30, 2020 at 3:00 pm
- Master's degree with certification as a School Psychologist.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Strong background in human relations.
This posting was extended on November 14, 2019, through December 4, 2019; and again on December 5, 2019, through December 18, 2019; on December 19, 2019, through January 8, 2020; on January 9, 2020, through January 15, 2020; and again on January 16, 2020, through January 29, 2020.
- Examine children, by individual and group tests, for ungraded classes and special classes in which general or special mental abilities of the pupils are main factors.
- Diagnose learning difficulties of children and make recommendations for remedial treatment.
- Investigate causes of personality and social maladjustments.
- Recommend the diagnostic and remedial measures used by teachers in overcoming learning difficulties or social maladjustments of pupils.
- Give individual assistance to pupils in overcoming learning difficulties and maladjustments.
- Confer with teachers and parents with regard to the learning difficulties and maladjustments.
- Advise teachers and administrators regarding matters relating to psychological problems of children.
- Act as liaison between in-school and outside school personnel for psychological service issues.
- Provide "resource information" to all county personnel concerning testing and evaluation and maintain county library on testing information.
- Attend workshops and participate in research projects, in-service and training to continue education relevant to the field of school psychology and other related subjects.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools and/or the Director of Special Education.