S-2020-048-1: Aide IV (Roane County High School)
- Principal, Roane County High School
- Contract length
- 200 days
- Grade D
- Regular Shift
- 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Posted Dates
- November 20, 2019 - December 3, 2019
- Applications due
- December 3, 2019 at 3:00 pm
- Currently hold or previously held classification of Aide, or passage of state competency exam for Aide
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
May be required to assist with instruction of students as determined by the nature of their exceptionality. This will include care in the area of feeding, dressing, toileting (including diapering, catheterization, and toliet training), and physical mobility.
This is a personal care aide assignment.
This position may be reduced at the end of the 2019-20 school year.
This position shall be considered itinerant under the definition found in WV Code 18A-4-8.
- Provide individual or small group instruction under the supervision of teacher
- Provide students with individualized attention
- Assist in grading assignments and recording grades
- Set up and operate equipment for instruction
- Help teacher prepare materials for instruction
- Assist teacher with bus duty in escorting students to and from the bus
- Provide library assistance to students
- Assist with preparing snacks for students as needed
- Remain aware and alert of medication administered to students
- Assist in lifting, feeding, toileting, and changing clothes of special needs students
- Assist and supervise special needs students in a regular classroom setting
- Modify materials and instructional activities for special needs students
- Secure students in car seats, seat belts, harnesses, etc., while in transport
- Secure wheelchairs safely for transport
- Assist students as instructed in physical therapy activities
- Practice good safety habits and have knowledge of basic first aid
- Help maintain an up-to-date inventory
- Perform clerical duties such as filing and typing for classroom purposes
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Maintain familiarity with personnel policies and procedures
- Be proficient in the use of basic computer operations
- Maintain confidentiality