P-2021-003-1: Speech Assistant (RCS - Itinerant)
- Director of Student Support Services, RCS - Central Office
- Speech Assistant (PK-Adult)
- Contract length
- 200 days
- Salary based on experience and education level per Roane County salary schedule
- Posted Dates
- February 14, 2020 - February 27, 2020
- Applications due
- February 27, 2020 at 3:00 pm
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate area of Speech/Language or Communication Disorders.
- One to three years of directly related experience (or directly related, completed degrees from accredited institutions substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis) preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a county or school team.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
For the 2020-21 school year.
This posting was extended on February 21, 2020, through February 27, 2020
- Under the direction of a Speech Language Pathologist, be responsible for screening and diagnostic services in the areas related to speech, language, and hearing.
- Write speech and language components of IEPs.
- Provide services for speech and language disorders.
- Coordinate with classroom teachers regarding students' communicative disorders and related concerns.
- Assist with PAC meetings when necessary.
- Carry out special assignments as made by the Director of Student Support Services and Principals.